Austrian Food

Austria Shop

January 30, 2007

Gurktaler Alpenkräuter Alpine Herbs Spirits Liqueur Schnapps

Filed under: Austrian Schnapps and Spirits,Buy - Order Online — admin @ 3:59 pm

gurktaler alpenkräuter
Gurktaler Alpenkräuter Alpine Herbs is a typical product from the Alpine mountains, and holds in the field of schnapps and bitters a share of the market of 45%.

That puts the Gurktaler Alpenkräuter Alpine Herbs on the first place in Austria.

Gurktaler Alpenkräuter Alpine Herbs is made out of 59 different types of herbs, roots, seeds and fruits.

The well balanced composition selected herbs secures the fine herb taste which makes the Gurktaler Alpenkräuter so special

Strictest quality controls make sure the taste and the pleasant impression of the herbs survive completely.

In olden times the alcoholic preperation of herbs, roots, seeds and fruits was highly regarded.

The first records of recipes of bitters date back to 1050 A.D.

ORDER GURKTALER ONLINE

17 Comments »

1. In my youth our family used a product called alpenkrauter as a stomach tonic and it worked very well. When trying to find this product now I am told it doesn’t exist. I just found your site on the computer and wonder if you know if this product is available in Canada. My parents used to buy it at a drugstore in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Would there be a source for Alpenkrauter in that area yet? I look forward to your response.

Comment by Lil Wispinski — November 25, 2007 @ 2:35 am

2. My brother, who lives in Edmonton, has bought an herbal liquor called Jagermeister in both Edmonton and Saskatoon. My dad said it tastes just like Alpenkrauter. Jagermeister is also an herbal liquor. If you’re interested in checking it out before buying, go to Wikipedia or buy a small sample bottle.

Comment by W. Hamm — January 7, 2008 @ 1:01 am

3. Dear sirs

We would like to be informed where we can buy
    GURKTALER Der Milde Alpenkrauter in der Niederlande

Thanks in advance

Best regards
    R.Wemmenhove
    e-mail : rgwemmenhove@hotmail.com

Comment by R.WEMMENHOVE — October 21, 2008 @ 6:26 pm

4. Hello,

Can you tell us if/where we can get Gurktaler Alpenkräuter in the Netherlands?

Thanks in advance,
    Leo

Comment by L Dijksman — November 1, 2008 @ 8:39 pm

5. I brought a bottle back from Austria. It is the perfect thing for an upset stomach. The bottle is now empty and I am looking for a place to buy it or have it shipped to the USA. Thanks.

Comment by Stephanie Z — November 19, 2008 @ 5:37 am

6. Who distributes this product in Southern California?

Would appreciate a response.

KC Tucker

Comment by kc — March 17, 2009 @ 1:07 am

7. hi all….I HAD THE ALPENKAUTER LAST……WE OWNED THE FORMULA AND RIGHTS TO IT……..KURICO,GAMOZO AND SUCH,,,,,,,,,WE HAVE DISCONTINUED IT,,,,,,,I MAY HAVE SOME EXPIRED BOTTLES STILL IN THE WAREHOUSE, BUT DOUBTFUL……..I HAVE MORE OLD MEDICINES IF INTERESTED,,,FATHER JOHNS COUGH MEDICINE,SWAMP ROOT,YAGERS LLINTAMINT,TONSILINE,SOLTICE RUB,AND OTHERS…..HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOU ALL WANT,
    JOHN WALTON

Comment by JOHN WALTON — May 12, 2009 @ 1:02 pm

8. My husband would use Alpenkrauter to effectively treat skin boils. He remembered as a child growing up in the 1930s that Alpenkrauter was a remedy his parents and uncles also used. This product was next to impossible to find in the 1980s when he needed it.

I think the word “Alpenkrauter” to actually be very melodic sounding, and a word I find myself remembering for just that reason. I had no idea of the contents of the product, but I do remember how my husband would shudder all over while taking a swig of the horrible smelling stuff!

Comment by Mary Richards — June 18, 2009 @ 3:05 am

9. does anyone know where you can buy gurktaler alpenkrauter in chicago or wash., dc

Comment by v Van Horne — June 21, 2009 @ 6:21 pm

10. I went to Austria to visit family in sept 09, i was given schnapps offen, my favorite was Gurktaler….”it was good for the stomach” i was told., I brought four bottles home To Canada,,,,,,i guess you could say i like it! wish i could buy it here.

Comment by Rose — October 25, 2009 @ 2:16 am

11. i have 12 bottles of alpenkrauter in a case made in karnten/austria anyone interested selling for $30.00 shipping included

Comment by sara alston — October 26, 2009 @ 12:20 am

12. Hi Sara,

I live in Calgary. I am interested to get Gurktaler, do you have a case of that? Are you in Canada or US?

Richard

Comment by Richard — November 7, 2009 @ 10:04 pm

13. would like to know if Gurktaler is sold anywere in the usa ! thanks for your time. Mike

Comment by Michael Vogel — November 12, 2009 @ 11:35 pm

14. Bitte sagen Sie mir, was die Haltbarkeit der Gurktaler Alpenkräuter?

Comment by Nikolay — January 8, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

15. Gdzie w Polsce można nabyć Gurktaler Alpenkrauter ?

Comment by Bogusław — April 8, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

16. Could you please tell me where can I get the Gurktaler Alpenkräuter in Czech Republic?
    best regards
    Jirka

Comment by Jirka — September 30, 2011 @ 10:53 pm

17. I have always loved Jagermeister… and I wonder if it is because when I was little my family would use Alpenkrauter my grandma swore by. Does anyone know if Jager is made from the same herbs? Does it have the same health benefits??? I have not had alpenkrauter for years, but have always wondered if the two products are about the same

Comment by Susanne Wahl — January 7, 2012 @ 10:39 am